February 3, 2010

.... in the kitchen

Fiona Wong has finally stepped foot in the kitchen!
Oo-rah!

I spent like. 1 hour plus in front of the wok. Frying.
The oil, the heat the heat the heat the heat, the heat, and the heat.
The agony.
But the satisfaction is great in the end :)
Not till my bro gobbles up everything that i fried with my sweat and blood!
Don't know what is this?
NOOB
Haha.
It's nga-ku. Don't ask me what is it, for those that dont' know what is it, cos i can't explain what is it.
I shreded a little of my nails trying to shred these little buggers.
Sheeeesh.
Well, i'm thankful God answered my before-cooking prayer. 
I did not harm myself. Not serious ones, at least.

 
1 hour facing this thing. *wipes sweat*
I was quite thrilled the first few minutes, and then it faded tremendously towards the end.



The first batch.
IT . IS . NOT . BURNT
(for beginners' standard)

 
Then i got alot better.
This is real kung-fu. Don't play play.
(at least the colour is even now, ok?)

After the 2nd batch, i wasn't bothered to take pictures anymore.
Was in the 'cooking' mood already. 
Paid 100% concentration while frying these.
 
Not bad, huh?
I can cook.
*trying to prove something here*
YES I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU, CALVIN.

And i noticed one thing.
Some of my batches are alternately slightly burnt.
Cos the batch before the burnt batch was quite impressively golden brown (just the right colour).
And then i got a little cocky and then it went burnt the next batch.
=.=''

Now, i wanna clarify/teach something : 
 
See the burnt part?
IT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.
It wasn't my skill's problem.
That is the skin that weren't peeled out clean.

So, lesson : peel out the skin clean or u'll get some of these on your nga-ku.

1 comment:

Aaron Ti said...

u r frying it too huh? I just fried 6kg of it.. 4kg more to go..

I got bored and counted.. it takes 3 and a half minute for each slice to cook.. although sometimes it is inconsistent, if you average it out, its 3mins and a half..

I hate peeling it because of the stupid "hairs" or "skins".. and I love slicing it..