November 25, 2009

first home cooked food in ...... ????


Due to time factor, and also the life on the fast lane (lol. yeah right),
my mum hasn't been cooking something 'special' for quite some time.
Definition of 'special' : anything other than plain rice and a few dishes.

And since it's holidays now,
She has time :)

Therefore,
The Nasi Lemak


Nasional dish of Malaysia.
Rice cooked with coconut milk, ginger, a pinch of salt, and pandan leaves, 
served with sambal, ikan bilis, eggs and cucumber.
U can find it almost everywhere in Malaysia.
There are a few versions, namely Malaysian Indian, Malaysian Chinese and Vegetarian nasi lemak.
Don't be mistaken that its name is in Malay, therefore it can only be cooked by Malays.
It's a MALAYSIAN dish

This is my mum, my bro's and my rice.
(i think u can identify which is my bro's)

ikan bilis >.<
 

My bro was a little annoyed with me taking pictures of the food
=,=

"IDIOT YOU! MUST U PUT EVERYTHING ON YOUR BLOG?!?"
"I'M GONNA EAT FIRST!!"
 




He don't let me take a proper picture of all the 3 plates with the sambal and stuff.
He purposely destroyed the rice first so i can't take a decent picture.
Mean mean guy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I can actually IMMAGINE him saying "idiot you! must u put everything in your blog"

Audrey Wong said...

*drools*

eh, then just take a perfect picture of your own nasi lemak la. why must take his?
that annoying guy horrrr :S
i want nasi lemak too....
tell me what you want again and ask ION what he wants as well. I'll see what I want to get from the list. Hehe.

fwJL said...

CHO : imagine it with his 'annoyed tone' summore. haha.
drey : i wanna take all 3. hehe. kkk. i think he wants a Cartier watch >.< DON'T GIVE IT TO HIM!!