March 10, 2010

gifties from long ago

WARNING : this is gonna be a long post.
not 'cos i have that much crap to yap about,
but i have pictures of precious stuff to share with u guys.

First and foremost,
why on earth do i take pictures of all the gifts i've received over the years?
Ok i didn't take pictures of ALL.
That will be.... super time consuming. So, yeah.

Well, it all started when i was gazing resting my vision after a long time of reading.
And i came across this :
"What on earth...........??" u think.
It's a bottle of blue liquid and silver dust..
..in an Esprit bottle.
i used to think ornamentals are merely to trap dust (and yes, they still do)
but i somehow get a calming effect whenever i shake this bottle and see the silver dust go around the bottle haha.
a gift from pt. a going-to-NS gift, or so he calls it. haha
surprises u how thoughtful ur friends will be, esp when u're going away eh?

..and this is one from my gal, Rosalind. All the way from HK.

i actually bought the 5 pigs on a milk bottle. bought 4 for my friends and 1 for me to keep. some kinda friendship forever thing. lol
and the tortoise is from Ying, my other gal frm Penang^^

a heart-shaped RM1 origami from Rene, my other gal as well >.<
(somehow it sounded a little wrong. but it's not. my besties ^^ )

.. here's a heart-shaped felt keychain from a friend in GB camp.
met her a few times and she decided to give them to a few of us that she treasured.

bracelets Harviin got me from Aus.
it was very thoughtful of her to get me smth though somewhere in my mind i thought she 'shun-bin' got them for me since she's getting stuff for my bro BUT i appreciate these quite very much.
so pretty right.

a cute cellphone chain but sadly i don't hang stuff on my cellphone Eugene got me frm S'pore.
i still remember him saying "I don't know what is it, but they said it's popular there." LOL

I bet with all my heels that Adelle chose this. Maybe together with Kyew. Hahas.
It's a hair-band, if u're wondering what is it. It comes with a matching earrings.
If u noticed, i don't wear stuff like these (before). But i do now!!
Thanks for letting me try smth new, Ade&Yew.

elephants! did it ring a bell?
answer : 
Choy Soon (knew him through my bro) got it for me from Thai.
It's an aluminium bookmark. Quite unique eh?
Fine, probably it's not and i'm just a jacoon that has just set her eyes upon smth new, a'ite?

Anthonians would probably know what is this.
I love this shot LOL
Frankly, this is still in the box at the corner of my room.
It's a gift from Tchr Aishu (Edu&Care) for my going-away gift.
I'm missing the teachers at the montesory i was teaching in.
Sigh.

 another one from my Edu&Care days.
though hideous and i've only worn it when i went to her shop ONCE so that she'll see me wearing it,
it was from the parents of a gal (Xiao Tian) that i was quite attached to,
and i offered to drive her and her bro back to their shop everyday after work,
cos their parents just comes SO LATE.
And their shop was on the way.
Pity that two, seriously.

Teacher Lynn (my ex-boss at Edu&Care and my family friend) got me this crystal bracelet for my birthday when i was working there.
She always gives me stuff every other day, just for the sake of giving.
Haha.
I don't wear this bracelet often, but hey, i'm still keeping it dear in my closet ^^


Frankly, my god-sisters gave me countless gifts over the years.
couldn't be able to snap all of 'em and post it here
Yeap, i have an elder god-sis and a young god-sis.
From the schooling days ( not that i've left it yet, lol)

ARE THE PIGS UBER CUTE OR WHAT??
It's from China. And the bamboo one is from Bali (duhh)
seeing stuff like these reminds me of the days when i'm still quite close to my elder godsister.
 Still keeping in touch now, but rarely since she's so busy with her UTP activities and me with mine.

the smaller bamboo key-chain (the chain rusted so i took it off) comes with a bigger bamboo thing!!
also from Bali (double-duhh)

she also got me this glow-in-the-dark uber cute fishey keychain from iforgotwhere-sorry!
she even got me a Creative mp3 player (back when Creative and mp3 players are still the 'in' thing)

haha. memories, memories.
my younger godsis got this for me when i was.... form 2??
omg i'm so old

And, not to forget my sister (blood-related, yes)
Got me loads and loads and loads of stuff..!
 o-k, i forgot who gave me the bird-in-the-heart glass block.
But the sweet and apple is from my sister!
No i dunno what are the functions, i guess they're just ornamentals but i still keep them :D

and and and this Nike pencil case that i've been using for the past 2.5 years!

Seriously, what did i do to deserve such great godsisters/sister?
It must be one hell of a thing. 
sowwie i'm so full of myself hahaha

Charissa never fails to give me a handmade birthday card every year!
Imma keep them all in an old shoe box and take them out when we're 50 years old,
over a cup of tea, reminiscing on life's journey so far.
 In Malay, it's called berangan-angan.

don't be surprised what ur brother that watches E! channel might get u!
so touched he spent RM53 on this on top of some hair products he got for my permed hair.
it's good to have a fashionista as a brother.
(but ever since he was introduced to bikes by IDUNNOWHO, he has lost his touch of whateveritwas, sheesh)
this was also from him when he was form 1? or somewhere near.
from Thailand.

gift from my gramma all the way from England.
u'd be surprised how i treasure my gramma's gifts.
it's just a thing that i do.
i once kept a RM50 note she gave me for my PMR for a few years in a special red packet. haha

yeap it's colour pens. metallic colour, to be exact.
from my grandpa, who passed away almost 5 years ago.
and they're still working!
i still remember how he'd go around town fetching me behind his old bike.
which goes like POP POP POP POP POP POP POP whenever he kick-starts his engine.
hahahahha.
i miss him so dearly so.
Last, but not least.
puzzled?
lemme explain.
the gold ring's from my gramma.
the star is from a guy named Ian from Edu&Care.
the butterfly is from a guy named Ivan, also from Edu&Care.
Both 4 years old in 2009.
One day, Teacher Lynn came into the class to give the kids a short quiz, and both of them (bright kids) got the questions asked correct and they got 2 of these each.
Wherever they go, and i mean WHEREVER they go,
to lunch, homework time, nap time, tv time, they had this with them.
They wouldn't keep it in the bag or their pencil box.
From time to time, they'd check whether it is still there in their teeny tiny little pocket.
It was sorduf like their trophy, and they treasured it much.

And during the tv time while waiting for their parents at the end of the day,
they came and gave these to me.
I was shocked, and asked them to keep it for themselves.
But they insisted that i have it.
I couldn't even believe how touchy i was, i was close to tears.


Sometimes, if not most of the time,
it's the thought that counts, ALOT.

I even surprised myself how sentimental i was.
Well, towards certain stuff. 
Seriously, nothing is absolute about me.
I vary.


U know, to some people, keeping small gifts like these are

on one hand :
troublesome/dirty/collects lotsa rubbish

on the other hand :
if u have time someday sometime, and when u go rummage through ur stuff like how i do at times,
it brings back lotsa lotsa nostalgic times.
Just like musics and video/sound clips do.

oh, hey, for those that didn't find their gifts on this post,
DO NOT FEEL BAD OR EMOTIONAL
cos hey understand i can't post all here right? hehehe.

omg i gotta stop talking or else this post has no end to it lol ok bye bye!
thanks for sticking to the end :)
ok serious. bye.

No comments: