August 9, 2011

Frying kai lan

Despite having my nose falling off NOT because i had too many nose jobs done but because i'm having a bad running nose and i can't have antihistamines cos i'll get sleepy for the whole day - no kidding. I can sleep, wake up, look at the ceiling, maybe go to the toilet to take a leak, and then go back to sleep again. And i wake up some time in the evening when the drowsiness wears off, and then i can't sleep at night. Not being able to sleep when half of the world's sleeping is not really the best feeling on earth. Hmm. Where was i? Oh yeah. My nose falling off. Despite having my nose almost falling off, i attempted to fry some kai lans for lunch today (: Can i hear some wohooo for the giiirl?

You see, occasionally my mom will leave me notes to tell me what to do for lunch when she does not feel like eating out.

But she can't come home immediately to a home-cooked meal cos her daughter can't cook to save a life. So she can only instruct her to prepare the ingredients so that she can cook right after she comes back from school. And for IDUNNOWHAT reasons, i decided to try cooking (at least) the vegetables today.

But, howw??? You may ask.

Le Google is a life saviour (:

So, according to this recipe which i chose because it seemed easy enough and because i had the ingredients in the kitchen, this came out.

ARE YOU GONNA EMPLOY ME AS YOUR PERSONAL CHEF NOW HAHAHAHAHAHA but I'm expensive don't say i didn't warn you.

Sigh okay lah it was a tad bit too oily. But mommy said it was goooooood x) Seriously my mom is such a motivator sometimes i find myself reporting stuff to her just to seek her appraisal (like when i did better in my exams this term), like a 5 year old. And here i was complaining that my ex-students are seeking for attention too much lol.

Well, i can't say the whole thing was kinda smooth sailing. There was the oil splattering.. And chopping the garlic. Seems easy enough right? 'Cos i always saw my gramma and mom chopping them, i thought i kinda knew it theoretically already, but i got confused. You know the process of putting your chopping knife on top of the garlic and you go WHAM!! on that poor garlic? Like this?

I don't know why you do it but i always see people do it so i just do it lah. Prolly the garlic tastes better after this process lol. But the thing was, i forgot whether i should peel it then wham, or wham then peel. Then i googled how to peel garlic wtf don't tell people okay T.T

Seriously, what would i do without you, Google?

Your sincerely,
The naked fully-dressed proud chef.

No comments: