April 27, 2011

Marry You - Bruno Mars

Okay i'm writing this for the second time with a very mang zhang (frustrated) feeling because i accidentally deleted like 8/9 of the post that was 98.75% finished. Zzz!


Can you believe that it is possible to do something so beautiful yet meaningful that made the whole world "Awwwwww" and then the next moment did the something that made the whole world (cal blindfold yourself) go "WTF??????" or maybe it was just me. 


Anyway do you remember the song 'Just the way you are' by Bruno Mars?
In case you don't, here
This could be one of the best love song that was ever written in the modern music history. The lyrics made sense and gives false hope to people like me that there are guys that actually think that in real life. I linked it here so you can listen to it while you read the rest of the post because it's good like that x)


------
A very unrelated thing that just popped in my mind right now :
Can you believe Manglish words like 'lor, hor, aiyo, etc' that seemed so familiar to us Malaysians are actually so strange and unknown to other people? Okay actually i knew but to experience it myself is like wow. When i was chatting with someone i met from the States the other day and i accidentally used 'lor' (which means i was refraining myself from using it), i was asked what does it stands for. Hahahahahaha Manglish ftw!!!


Okay back to the original post
------


On the other hand, the song 'Marry You' is just trashy. Shame on you, Bruno Mars!
I shall scrutinize the lyrics verse by verse for you.


It’s a beautiful night,
We’re looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.



Marriage definitely doesn't seem like something dumb and spontaneous to do to me. Does it to you?


Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.



The look in your eyes, still okay ah but does dancing juice makes you wanna marry someone? Oh and the word 'think' really pisses me off. You don't THINK you want to marry someone, you either WANT to or you DON'T. It's like someone asking you if you're a male or a female and you say "I think i'm a male..." -.-


Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go,
No one will know,
Come on girl.
Who cares if we’re trashed got a pocket full of cash we can blow,
Shots of patron,
And it’s on girl.



I know it's a super Asian thing to get married and let the whole world know, but does your marriage have to be so secretive? It sounded like he's finding a secret bush at the corner to have a one night stand and he doesn't anyone to know -.-''''''''''


So whatcha wanna do?
Let’s just run girl.
If we wake up and you wanna break up that’s cool.
No, I won’t blame you;
It was fun girl.



Speaks for itself. Call me conservative but i do believe that a marriage is supposed to be forever. Till death do us apart. And it's written in the Bible too ahem.


Okay if you want to listen to it, here


Can you believe yesterday my colleague was playing this song over and over again on the big speakers we had in the shop? Bleh i could pull out my hair there and then if i didn't shout at him to change the song because i'm powerful like that (:




----
Another unrelated thing,
My dad just called me when i was writing this post and asked about his torrent downloading (but not about his daughter wtf) and then he asked if there's anything i want to say, and i brought up the topic about my degree. The other day he sort of gave me the green light to go find a place where i would want to do my degree and said if i really wanted to do my studies overseas or anything i can definitely talk to him and work it out (You know, the lunch that made me teary lol). AND NOW. He kept firing and asking me what's wrong with our local public university and why would i want to go overseas why would i even want to go to Singapore to work because it's such a kiasu place and i won't be living in a house but in an apartment (a shoe box, to be exact) WTF IS THIS LAH do i have a father with split personalities? Come on lah don't fcking give me false hope and then go stomping on it with your safety boots. I don't even know what am i supposed to do now.


Okay i shall stop before i become emo and make this into a super wordy post again with a mixed feeling of rage and grief kbye.
-----

No comments: