September 16, 2010

Moonlight Resonance



I know this is quite an old series, but lately 8TV was showing it again. Every 7pm.
I remember somewhere around last year, when it was still the 'hot' thing around, my aunt brought the whole series back when we had our CNY gathering. Everyone was like "WAAAAAAH u had it?! let's watch let's watch!!", of course, except my family. Cos our dad never approved TVB drama series in our household.

When my gramma was still in TI with us, we used to watch the series they show from 6-7pm, and from 7-8pm. Then, it was dinner time, and there's another show from 9.30pm-10.30pm. It was like a ritual hahahaha. And my gramma always get too absorbed and start scolding the bad character while pointing her index finger towards the tv. LOL my aunt said it's very disturbing watching a movie with her cos she's so noisy, u see (jokingly, of course). Aaaaah, how i missed those times.

I think i was the only one from my family that watched the series with them back then. Cos now, both my mom and bro claims that they dunno bout the movie at all, while i said i've watched it all. Somehow it's in my blood to like rewatching stuff (SO WASTE OF TIME RIGHT but what to do lol ). So my bro, my mom, and i will stay in front of the TV and watch this series every 7pm during weekdays. It's kinda nice to have some sort of a family ritual lol.

However, yesterday i got greedy and i googled the series so that i can watch the next episode, cos i know it exists. In a blog, the guy said that this series is like ecstasy. Only one episode per day, or else u'll get addicted to it. THAT FELLA WAS FREAKIN' RIGHT LA OMG now i'm high on ecstasy >.< But one thing's for sure, i was somehow glad too. 

This couple. Dammit their stories always make my tears flow like the water tap. And i just couldn't take it when the guy started sobbing over the girl. Sigh. Since when did i get so emotional? 
The guy does biscuits and the gal does surgery (she's a doc yo). Well there's a big hoo-haa and they were lovers when the gal was 13years old. I'm not gonna elaborate la it's a long story. 

U know, when u're watching the series at 2am alone (by you, i meant i ), there's no need to hold back ur tears. And for the first time, i realised how emo i can get over trivial things. Maybe it was because all these while when i'm watching a movie with someone else, i always feel obliged to hold back my tears as much as possible, and i always always ALWAYS remind myself that it's just a movie, and the director will say "CUUUUUUUT" right after this scene and they'll all stop and drink water or smth. That'll totally be the anti-climax of the emo feeling, trust me lol. U could give it a try though it really works. But it's so bleeeh to do that right lol.

There's one thing u should know, is that somewhere along the way i adapted my father's way of thinking about these TVB series, which is "THEY ARE A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME" and there's always these predictable plot and their reactions are all always exaggerated. Well i still think like that too but i guess they've reduced? I can accept some series and some series are just plain stupidity.

How ironic, huh? I'm like this typical girl that can practically tell what's gonna happen before it happens (in the movie la lol) but i still wanna watch it and i cry like hell after watching it -.- kinda hate myself for behaving like this jackshit. What to do right i  have XX chromosomes >3< So stereotype of me to say this but i still hate typical soap operas lol.

Y'know, if i listen to this song before watching Moonlight Resonance,
i would've hated the song cos it sounded so stupid and all, but after watching the series, everytime i hear this song i'll remember Dr.Ling and the gal on top. zzzzz. See how much a movie can change ur perception on things? 

In this series, i've laughed a thousand times, cried a million times. Besides stuff that concern the couple mentioned above, i always loose it when it concerns the elderly. U know, when they're almost dying, or when they're begging, or the young ones mistreat them and they put those really saddening songs as the background music, and (u get it). 

As far as i know, there's 2 singers in this series. One is "Sa-yee" (Aunt Sa) DON'T ASK ME THEIR NAMES COS I DON'T KNOW EVEN IF MY LIFE DEPEND ON IT  and Raymond Lam (real name ya lol). Hmm i think he really looked good in this movie. When he gets all smart and HK-artist-look, he doesn't really interest me anymore lol. 

I really hope i won't get hooked onto more TVB series like how my friends are right now, lol. Well since i'm surrounded by chinese-ed ppl nowadays, it's kinda great if I FREAKIN' KNOW WHO ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT when they talk about artists and movies right. But if u watch one series i think u might know who are they talking about already cos somehow these TVB series always recycle actresses. Like, seriously. Go watch if u don't believe me. They're always the same people, plus minus a few new talents. But yeah.

Great i've babbled too much now -.- sorrie that this post is not really about moonlight resonance that much. More like about the me that is gradually changing into an emo blob now omg i hate myself like. so much. Wait. Emo might not be the right word, maybe vulnerable? SENSITIVE! One of these words la lol.

So,
yeah.

Nights :)

1 comment:

cho said...

"a big hoo-haa"
LOL!!! well put! HAHAHA! XD

n btw, i cant STAND that ice cream song. but maybe. JUST maybe. if i didn't watch moonlight rosonance i would have been OKAAAAAAY with it. but now i just can't tahan it. it's just like that nobody but u song. URGHHHHHH!!! BUT. i will forever love 'love not enough'. no matter how many times they play it. hahaha XD

and and and. guess what. I GET TEARY EYED TOO!!! :D
hahaha! so. u're normal.

gosh. i get so high talking about good TVB shows. hahahaha