July 1, 2011

A summary of joooon.

Howdy!

Today is the 1st of July. Yesterday marked one month of my days doing clerical work. And it marked the final day of me working before i go into uni soon. I spent the whole of last night playing pool for the first time in so long, and the whole of this morning sweeping and mopping the whole house wtf at this moment i really wish that we're staying in a small condo instead of a two storey semi-D my hands are all red and aching from all that! Anyway. This might be how i'll be spending the month of July, helping out with house chores and learning how to cook (hopefully) so that i won't die from hunger when i'm in uni - according to my mother lol. AAAAAND i really wanted a break from working. So yeah. I realised that i only had 8 posts in June. If the bloody Asus would give me my laptop back ASAP, i would blog more from now onwards too! (: August would be my month for travelling.

Anyway. My June. Was practically filled with this.
And this
And this
Oh wait. Let's not forget, this!
Doesn't this look like heaps of fun??

I even brought my iPod to work because i couldn't stand the silence and the clicking of the keyboards and the roaring of the photocopy machine.
Using the ZAP-ME bear with one eyeball dangling out as a case, this was what kept me going the whole day.

Haha okay all the sarcasism aside, it was definitely pretty boring and kind of a shock to me at the beginning. I deal with papers, numbers, papers, numbers, LOADS of invoices, more papers, and more numbers. Oh wait and Excel lol. My back ached of sitting the whole day keying in invoices, and i hated my life so much at that point. I'm pretty sure that i had a post or two about that lol. Crazy emo kid, i am. But as time goes by...... (NO i'm not going to say that i started to like it wth) i guess i could tolerate it. If it's only for one month. Aside from all of the above, i actually get to see stuff from a whole new perspective.

Like, i begin to appreciate old people a whole lot more than i already did before.
I don't know this man i just googled 'chinese old man' for this picture

There was once where an uncle talked to my boss about his life next to me so i had no choice but to listen to it :P He was talking about how his kids refused to help him at his kopitiam unless he fixes air-con or upgrade it into a 'coffee shop' or something like that, so he was forced to hire some foreigners to help him at the kopitiam. "Kui dei kwong ngo geh kopitiam mm gao kelass wor.." (They said my kopitiam had no class) was his exact words. And he said that some of the customers told him that he was lucky that his kids aren't good in studying, so they are staying put in TI (and not helping their father wtf!), unlike the customer's kids, studying overseas and outstation. By now he was close to tears, and it made me close to tears too omg you had no idea how hard i tried to suppress my tears (you know lah i'm getting so emo nowadays i get moved by the slightest things) and my urge to go give him a big bear hug, telling him "IT'S OKAY UNCLE I WILL NOT GO FOR MY DEGREE/PROFESSIONAL CERT AND I WILL GO HELP YOU AT YOUR KOPITIAM!!! " T______T

There were many other stories too, but this was the one that got stuck in my mind so vividly because it really did moved me so much. There was also an uncle from 'pa mei/pa boi' (a place in TI where it's considered not in Town although it's so close to town lol) whom commented on how the people in town has the 'gam cheng'(referring to the neighbourhood spirit) as thin as a paper. And then he took a paper and waved it in the air hahahaha. But it's so true, don't you think? We care about upkeeping our own privacy, reinforcing our alarm systems, get as many dogs as possible to guard the house, fixing metal grills, etc. However, this couldn't be helped, could it?

Times are bad nowadays, and everyone are taking precautions. I mean, if i see someone falling down in the airport i would even think twice or thrice before going there to help them up for the fear of being the victim of drug-traffickers or even pick-pockets. What happened to the good old times where we can help an old gramma to carry her luggages because she's struggling with it or the time where we can help an uncle that fell down and bruised his elbow without so much doubt???

Times really have changed, huh? Anyway. Back to the work at the accounting place. I was supposed to go there and help them lighten their load of work, but boy the mistakes i did.... -.- I've sent so many wrong details to the LHDN and one of them was keying in a single girl as married, and his husband was his father wtf T____T i could kill myself this instant. WHY DIDN'T I NOTICE THAT THEIR SUR NAME WAS THE SAME BEFORE SENDING IT?!? That's how absent-minded and ignorant i was. I focused too much on getting the numbers right that i wasn't paying attention to the other things. I mixed up debits and credits a whole lot of time, mainly because i didn't even hear the word debit and credit for, what, 6 months already? And my brain rusted that much. Imagine when i enroll into university soon! By the way i got to know on facebook this morning that the results will be out on the 15th of July wohoo that's 14 days away and i will no longer have to suffer the "what if" questions in my mind anymore!

So. I guess this concludes my month of June. I guess clerical work has one plus point compared to being a salesperson, which is having the weekends free. That means i get to spend more time with my parents, and sometimes my brother when they're back. So far, i've done 3 jobs and all of them are so different from one another. I've been a salesperson, teacher in a montessory/kindergarten, and an accounting clerk. All of them left me with great experiences, great memories, great lessons, and great friends. I've learnt not to be (too) judgemental to people for various reasons. I learnt how to be (a little bit more) patient with people whom i could not be patient to before this. Now, being an ex-salesperson myself, i now walk in the mall with a not-so-naive thinking anymore. And i go "AHA! I've used that trick before hohoho you're not scamming me into buying this *with a big fat inner grin in my head*".

Sounds like i turned over a new leaf right but believe me i'm still the same Fiona, one way or another.

Okay thank you for visiting my blog although i've been such a passive blogger nowadays and stay tuned for more updates about my life at home hahahahaha -____-

No comments: