June 2, 2011

It's me!

Edited : Was blogging halfway when i received THREE complaints that my blog uses too much wtfs nowadays and when i read my soon-to-be-posted post..... Lol okay let's just say the post is 'clean' to read now okay go ahead and enjoy. 

Greetings from my latest work place!


Yesss i have my own desk hohoho damn yeng okay. And most of the time for the past 2 days, my desk was filled with these bills. How fun.

I don't even know what is the title of my job, but currently i'm creating accounts for companies (teeny little ones) and keying in the numbers. The main reason i switched to this job is to see whether i will like the job in the future or not. And YES i know that after i graduate with a professional cert i won't be doing these stuff but still, it's more or less the same. I stay in the office, 9am-5pm, i get a desk, put a framed picture of me/my family somewhere at my desk with a bonzai next to it, maybe a fish bowl somewhere if the table is big enough, and i deal with numbers, papers, and i'll be facing the computer the whole freaking day. FMFL (F* my future life)

It's only my 2nd day of the job, and i'm almost sure that i DO NOT WANT A JOB LIKE THIS as my career pathway in the future! OMG man seriously damn depressing okay to sit at the desk the whole day long. Not only is it boring, but it's really painful for my back to sit at the same position almost the whole day. It's not like i'm NOT allowed to stand up and walk, but it's just that after i stand up and walk, i have to go and sit down again.

I like to deal with people. I'm more of a.. people's person. Though i might complain at times, but i definitely, definitely, definitely prefer people to papers. Why can't my parents see that? Why must they insist that courses that involves people relationship ie. psychology are 'general courses' that 'everyone' can do, and that won't get you 'any jobs'? Why do MOST (if not all) Asians think like that? What did our Asian culture drilled into their minds? Why can't we recognise journalist or an event manager as professionals as well? Are doctors, lawyers and accountants the only respectable jobs? Sigh. Tis a sad life. And i'm stuck in it.

Zhi told me that if i think about the $$ i'm gonna earn in a few years' time, it might motivate me to go through my degree+ACCA+chartered accountant exam (hopefully). Yes, it did drive me to choose accountancy as my first choice in the IPTA form, and to actually THINK that i will be just fine to go through this journey of hell. But really? Is it really worth all the pain and suffering? Isn't your job supposed to be something you like? Why does everyone's job has to suck? Is the norm of the society priority, or is it your own interest?

It's painful to have a realistic part of me, and another part where i want to unleash the Fiona within me. Mulan would understand me the most T.T

Though my case is not as exaggerated as Mulan's, i still feel the similar pain. Haaaih now i'm getting emo already. I don't know why these stuff matters so much (sometimes too much) to me. Why can't i be like some of my other friends that just KNOW what they are supposed to do and want to do? Or like those who knows what their parents want them to do and they are totally okay with it because they have no stand on their own? Don't get me wrong, it is sometimes a good thing to not have your own stand and views too much. Just obey.

Haaaaih let me go and emo now. Listen to the Disney sing-along lah (I HEART DISNEY OMG)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol. I experienced this before. I quit a clerical work after a month. Too depressing and bored having to do routine work. Glad you try this out before you determine your future path. :)

I'm a people's person too. That's why I studied marketing. Vast chances to meet people and learn from them. :)