January 12, 2011

Tadaiima!

As i gazed out the window of the bus, the sight of dull dark green trees everywhere, a Chinese uncle yelling into his phone in Cantonese, the speakers of the bus playing a huana song that made me wish the bus would run me over instead.. i thought to myself, "Welcome back to Malaysia".

Honestly, i wished i hadn't been to the States. Going to such a wonderful place only made me love the place so much that i wished i didn't have to leave, ever. Anyhow, i really missed Milo alot, above all else. Didn't even miss the Malaysian food as much as i thought i would.

I really had a great time over there, i don't even know where to start. But i don't wanna yap too much (only because i tend to yap alot when i'm carried away, like now), so i'll keep everything very short and brief, starting from the beginning :)

The man that sat next to me during my 14 hours flight from Shanghai to Detroit, as i've told u in the previous post. YEAH I LOOK LIKE THE SHITTIEST SHIT ON EARTH but hey, in my defense, it's after a 14 hrs flight okay.

I really love the sight of this. Wish i could've played with the snow though. Sigh. Next time, next time :P
My first meal in the States. Awesome Thai restaurant with super crazy awesome tom yam. We had the timer on for the camera.
It's not a Florida trip without going to the Walt Disney World! Welcome to Epcot (virtual for u guys)!
The best ride in Epcot! It was the first ride that John was aiming, so i guess it was pretty great. The queue was mad crazy. Thank God for fast passes. This ride gives u an experience as if u're flying, and apparently when u fly past an orange farm, u smell the oranges and at certain areas, pine trees. I smelt nothing at all xD
The American Adventure of Fiona Wong has just begun :)
Disney princess Audrey Wong Ai Li. She's all into cute & princessy stuff. Bimbo bimbo bimbo xD
Looks like a picture i googled, ey? This is the pool of the house that we were crashing for the whole 3 weeks. Too bad we didn't have our swimwears, and nobody actually dives in. It's a heated pool, too. Sigh. Perfect for poolside parties and that sort.
Spot Bailey. And the hugeass TV that they watch American football with every other night. People are crazy about football over there. And i got a long long long lesson about American football by grandpa Jack, and yet i'm still quite blur about the whole thing. But at least now i know what's a quarterback, which are supposedly the star of the team, and the ones that all girls go crazy over in the movies? Haha.
Helped with the favours. Thanks to the fussy bride which happens to be my sister, we spent quite a long time trying to correct the little details that bothers her e.g. the ribbon is not straight!
Check out the view u get from Animal Kingdom. Didn't like Animal Kingdom as much though. Maybe that's because i'm travelling around..........

ON A FREAKING WHEELCHAIR?
Can u see my brother smiling sneakishly? HE KEPT DOING WHEELIE OKAY. In case u don't know, 'wheelie' is a term for the rempits, like u stand on the back wheels or something. NOT fun okay! In the end, my bro just abandoned me in the middle of the road to go drink water, and i was kinda moving downwards. Freaking irresponsible temporary nurse okay. In the end my bro-in-law took over and it was a smooth ride onwards cos he's 30. My bro's 3.
Awesome emu/turkey leg in Animal Kingdom. If i'm not mistaken, it's about $7 (about RM21) for this. Freaking expensive but it's really really super yummy!
My tag for my ride. They often refer us as 'The Wongs' here. Like "I've just picked up the Wongs". 
My favourite thing of all. The Magic Kingdom castle! The fireworks were awesome. Plain awesomeness. Leaves u in awe. Hopelessly romantic of my brother in law to propose to my sister right after the fireworks. Haha. The video is about 11 minutes long, too long for me to upload in fb. If any of u wants to see the video and be totally mesmerized, u can drop by my hse or something.
I've always wanted to visit China (not by transit okay!). So i guess the mini China in Epcot kinda fulfilled a mini portion of my dream?
I love Mulan! I really really do. Hehe. But only the first one though. Most of the 2's of Disney's cartoons aren't as good as the first one. Why does everything has to be The Little Mermaid, The Little Mermaid 2, The Little Mermaid 3? I don't like it. Leave it as The Little Mermaid, full stop.
Being in Disney World really gives u this really really happy vibe. Even though u're wearing a super hideous scarf because that's the only fabric available to keep u warm enough at that moment, having a crazy bad hair day on top of being exposed to really strong (cold) wind, or have no make up on to conceal the pale look on your face. And yes, even when u're on a wheelchair.
A shot of the photo John bought for us. Crazy $20 for 2 of these, but John insisted thanks to Aaron's award-winning face of horror. I had sausage lips. He even framed this photo up in his house so that everyone can see how hideous everyone is except him - smiling and posing cos he has been on the ride for the 1000th time.

It's so typical of them to take pictures everytime there's a steep fall or something. It's such a good scheme to squeeze all the money out of your life. If it's $5 or something i'd buy one at every ride i rode!
Went to visit the place where the wedding would be held before the wedding. Lake Nona is a really posh and wonderful place to be. I was told that one of our Sultans joined the club ($80k membership fees) and only went there 3 times before he died. Great way to spend our tax payers' money, ey?
We had a 4 hours open bar! Freaking cool. But i'm kinda relieved that i'm underage because i don't wanna get wasted in the broad daylight. Besides, we had someone legal at our table to get drinks for us underaged kiddos. What a fun cousin to have! He gave his old ID to his younger cousins too. He asked me what he can get for me, i said something sweet. And he got me Sex on the Beach - quite strong for me okay!
Pictures of some houses in the neighbourhood having their simple lights up. The 'Christmas' season over here is really happening, and they take Christmas really seriously. But all for the wrong reasons. Yes, Christmas is a day when u're supposed to be happy and all joyful, but let's not forget it's for the sake of Christ's birth, and not because "it's Christmas!" alright?
Got my covergirl mascara (accidentally took the brown black instead of black *wails*) and revlon colorstay eyeshadow :) Have been reading about them alot. I really really loved the mascara, although it didn't give me the full blast of black that i wanted. The eyeshadow is pigmented yes, but i guess i was expecting something alot better. Haha.
1 of the main things i like about the States is their trees. Multi-coloured. Leaves of different sizes and shapes. Different shades. All so vibrant and energetic colour. I'm gonna be missing these sights :(
Their tradition to open all your presents in front of everyone so that everyone can see how u fake a "wow, thank u very much for the _____! i really like it!" and test your acting skills.
That's me, in the hideous hair & top, being a chef in the kitchen. I'm telling u, i've spent more time in the kitchen of Jack's house more than i've ever spent in my mum's kitchen (NOt when i'm searching for food). 
And there's Bailey on my bed, sleeping in a really weird pose, yet again. 
Voldemort's wand sold in the fake Harry Potter studio in the MCO instead of Universal Studio.
And the robes. Let's say i purchased one of the robes.. Where do i wear it to? Just put it on at home, pose in front of the mirror for self-satisfactory and then hang it back in the closet? Or maybe u can wear it during Halloween but they don't celebrate that in Malaysia. 
How boring can Malaysia get? -.-
I love China Airlines! They actually let u see the taking off through a small camera up front. It's just like u're in the cockpit with the pilot. I enjoy this a lot better than watching those really boring videos of safety. And they have a little mirror for u at the left side of the screen. I love this much :) And Thank God my TV is working during my 14 hours journey back from LA to Taipei.

Brought a book with me to read in case the TV broke down like how it did during my flight from Shanghai to Detroit thanks to the nice man beside me that jinx-ed the whole plane. Haha. I finished my book 'Marrying Mozart' before coming back to TI. Read a little and rest a little on every flight, but i ultimately finished it during the bus trip back to TI. It's a really interesting book about how the famous Mozart started his career and was involved with the Weber sisters. Not that i know of anything before this. It's just like another story for me, but minus all the bimbo chiclit novels that i truly despise. 

So.. that pretty much ends the very very short summary i have for the trip. There are loads more to tell, but one post alone wouldn't suffice. 

I'm pretty much in mental pain now to decide what i'm going to study for the future. It's between something that i like but has no market demand in Malaysia and something that i don't really like but has market demand in Malaysia. My hopes to study in US has came tumbling down. I never liked the British system where everything is based on what u do on the paper. 

My life is so tragic. 

Anyway there's a newfound interest from my trip ; shooting. Yeah so what i don't know much about guns? I have people reloading the bullets for me and i just shoot 'em :) The feeling of shooting an orange and seeing it go KABOOOOOOOM is great. Sadist much. =P

2 comments:

peifen said...

LOL the picture in the Splash Mountain thingy MADE MY DAYYY!!! XDD
You look funny, your parents look so cutee! and Aaron looks like *HAHAHAHAHA* xDD

fwJL said...

i knooooooow xD am not allowed to post on fb but i think i can do it on my blog. be discreet about it though :)