September 27, 2009

The New Love of My Life!!



Behold...........
DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom
(and it is M-I-N-E now!!)


At first, i had my eyes on 2 fragrances.
1. Burberry The Beat







2. DKNY Fresh Blossom







[It didn't look as pink as it is in the picture though]


After a looooooooooong time of sniffing between those 2 impossibly intriguing fragrances, i made up my mind and took DKNY Fresh Blossom (although my bro kept telling me that Burberry The Beat is nicer)

When introduced by the sales assistant to the line of Be Delicious by DKNY (all apple looking), i had my eyes on Delicious Night (the colour SHOUTS "night life in NY!"), but when i got to smell it, it is no where near my preferences of fragrances. (for me) it's a little choking, and it's just not my cup of tea.
Next, i tried smelling the original Be Delicious and Red Delicious, and i found out that both of them smelling almost the same, however, over-fruity smell. Yes, apple does has a nice fragrance to it, but this is just like u squeezing the apple juice and maybe adding a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit of flower scent to it, ta-daa! = Be Delicious. also not my cup of tea.
At last, the sales assistant introduced me to the newest DKNY Be Delicious fragrance, awarded one of the best women fragrances of the year, DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom. At first sight, it looked a little too feminine (pink-ish) for me, as i'm not that all feminine, to be frank. but when i smelt the fragrance... it was (one of the) love at first scent!! so i kept this particular one in my KIV list.

That's how i came to select DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom (the one i purchased). i can't be writting the process of ALL the scents i tried, would i? there's a limit of words to type in each post :P




Anyways... back to Fresh Blossom, this is the description given by the DKNY fragrances website.

"Inspired by the beauty of the Apple Blossom, this new fragrance is lighthearted, intensely feminine, and radiant. A blend of sparkling grapefruit, cassis and sun-kissed apricot, blended with sheer muguet, petally rose and jasmine.

DKNY will make a donation of $15,000 in connection with the sales of DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom 3.4oz Eau de Parfum Spray to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation."

Hey hey.. i'm doing charity when i bought this perfume! Yeay!!
I do feel that this fragrance is very feminine, not too choky, a kiss of fruity mixed with flowery scent, perfect for a hot date night ( not that i have any), or a special occasion. When i sprayed this on my skin and i went out (just to try it out after buying it) , i can't help myself to stop sniffing my wrist. Have i loved any other fragrances like this before? NO.

Anyhow, i noticed that the nossle of this spray shoots a little too hard (and a little upward rather than straight), so i'll make sure not to spray it too near to my skin, or else i'll end up with a bruise next time (obviously hyper-ing). So, conclusion : I LOVE IT! but of course i have to spread my love to all my other fragrances.. my Dior Voyage Perfume Mini Set was hardly touched yet. And so is my Body Shop Cherry Blossom (bad buy) and Body Shop Aztique (HATED IT since i bought it a few years back when i was soooo into heavy fruity smell *puke*). And a few others as well. 





Peek-a-boo!! i see you!!
can't help but take a picture of every step of unpackaging my Fresh Blossom 









  



Oooh yes, baby. u're mine.. :D 
























YOU-ARE-SO-MINE

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great review! Fresh blossom and the original Be Delicious are twi if ny favorites.

fwJL said...

Haha. Thanks, Megan. I love fragrances :)