June 25, 2013

One person's thoughts

In light of the recent hazy hoo-ha, i have found the rekindled desire to express my thoughts on this semi-abandoned blog of mine after a conversation with a friend of mine today.

The conversation started with the weather (Malaysians now can talk about the weather too, not just English people! Hah.), as the heat and humidity of this little country of mine had escalated rather dramatically in the past week no thanks to the haze caused by the burning of forest in our Sumatera, yet again. According to news and personal observation, this is the worst haze the country had experienced in history and i'm quite surprised that despite the fact that this happens on an annual basis, no action has been taken yet.

Anyway, back to the topic. And then we get to talk about air-conditioning, and i just slipped in a "I didn't switch on the air conditioning for the the whole week", and he was taken aback, a reaction which i get a lot in this ghastly weather. When i reasoned out that i did it because i did not want to contribute more heat to the atmosphere than it already has, he blatantly said "What difference can one person make?".

I felt a tsunami of emotion overwhelming me in a split second.

I was on the verge of going berserk with 10001 arguments to fire back at that statement.

Being the composed person that i always am *cough cough*, i took a deep breath and said "What if 100,000 people thought like you?". At that point of time, i didn't bother attempting to go into a deeper discussion/debate pertaining the topic because how can a person who utters that loathing statement be able to understand anything other than their own little bubble of thoughts?

As my thoughts struck me in the wee hours of the morning when i'm doing my revision (yes, my thoughts start to wander in the serenity and quietness of the night), how different am i from him? Here i am, constantly reminding myself not to be stereotypical and judgmental, finding myself stereotyping and judging  to the max. It was my duty to set his crooked thinking straight and yet i discharge myself of that duty because i was set that this man's thinking is not worth  a debate.

My thinking was, a big change starts with a baby step. But how long have i been constant in my baby steps? I have only been doing things myself, not reaching out. Same goes to my evangelism activities. I have been stagnant for way too long. It should be the time that i gather all that i have and move to the next step. *semangat membara-bara*

Easier said than done, huh?

On a completely side note, i was very happy that one of my friend asked for the title of the song i had linked in my previous post, Consuming Fire, because she wanted to listen to it :) Glad that you found it nice *wink* !

There is so many things i can link to this blog post, i think i won't be able to finish it by 8am. However, i would like to share this very meaningful article with all ye Malaysians who are set that "All hope is lost in Malaysia", yet another sentence i loathe at the sound of it. I have JonWoon to thank for sharing this link on Facebook.

People think polices in Malaysia are not doing anything about the crime, Malaysia has been infested with corruption and scrutinizing every change to the country that was done. I won't deny that these issues are in light of concern of the nation, but things are not as bad as they seem, especially when you have sculpted your thinking and judgment based on sources which are not credible (i.e. Facebook posts, complaints of friends over Teh Tarik).

Sigh. I really DO think a lot at night huh?

Well my biological clock had been nocturnal these few days, no thanks to my attempt to speed up my assignment progress to make way for final's revision, and i found out that i was most productive at ungodly hours like now (4.45am). There's something about the serenity and quietness that i found a liking for. I finally understood my Pakistani friends' passion for staying up the whole night while sleeping the day away. But i have this weird habit of not liking to sleep when the sun has come up. I am the new definition of weirdo!

So much to do, so little time, yet i find myself coming to Blogger to let a little of Fiona thoughts out of my system. Thank you Blogger for letting me spill my thoughts for 4 years! Even though you've apparently became mainstream (according to someone-YES I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU, YOU-KNOW-WHO-YOU-ARE. lol), i thank you for recording my life's journey so that one day i can look back and read up all my immature and childish thoughts from when i'm young till..... i stop writing here.

Anyhoooo. I'm signing off to Dreamland now. Praying for the dreadful haze to subside, and i plead for all of you to help pray for the haze to subside as well :) My once acne-free skin has become an eyesore to mankind now, no thanks to the pollution i'm exposed to.

Mother Earth, i'm so sorry about what we've done to you.

No comments: