May 31, 2011

Shopping spree

I had fun these 4 days i was missing. Hahaha i bet everyone was missing me because I WAS SNEEZING LIKE MAD EVERY SINGLE DAY. Or someone was cursing me.
*shrugs*
Either way, running nose didn't stop me from having fun at the mall. I think i'm getting better at shopping. As in like i get good deals.
Note : the title of the post is shopping spree, not spending spree. Hah!

CAN YOU BELIEVE I GOT MYSELF 6 TOPS FOR UNDER RM200?!?

Okay i didn't say i'm a good shopper i just said i'm getting better. Because i really didn't need 6 more tops, and what i really 'need' are killer heels, bags and shorts. But tops are so much more easier to hunt for! *grunt
Sigh and i told myself that i wouldn't get more clothes this trip BEFORE coming here. Bah. So much for self-discipline.

But somewhere along the way, i started to value money more than i did before working. Like, i'd start comparing how many painstaking days i had to endure at work for the amount of money i was going to spend on a pair of earrings, and then i'd put it down again. THEN I SPENT 2 HOURS WALKING AROUND IN FAHRENHEIT AND CAME OUT WITH NOTHING.
Okay that isn't entirely true, because i bought a nail varnish from Nature Republic that i've read about before and decided to try one bottle first. And a ring from Heart Attack. But that was about it. And both of these didn't cost me RM40. Huhuhu.

I have a confession to make, by the way. While everyone else on earth are spending time on Facebook/idunnowhat, i spent my time online reading reviews about products and random stuff. I think this is a pretty good past time, especially for people like me ; prone to buying bad products. So i thought i'd be smart and avoid that altogether by doing more homework and research before getting a product. Or just to scout around the net for stuff that are good and then when i get a chance to buy it, i'd buy it.

For example, i paid Daiso a visit today. FREAKING EVERYTHING IS RM5 and there are so many weird/cute stuff there! All hail japanese for their anime and creativity. Okay actually the main reason i went there was to get oil blotters (rice papers) because the last time i got it, it was good. And i've read reviews about it saying that it was good. And i've read articles saying that rice papers are better than those soul-sucking papers by Clean&Clear. So that made me want to stock up on it more. Huhu i'm really easily influenced by what i read.
So, among all the cheap/weird things available in Daiso, i found a few treasures (: Oh the joy of finding something really good in the midst of all the cheap things!


Make up corrector. It's like a make up remover, in a pen form.
Like this. Feels like balm, but it's FREAKING MAGICAL BALM I TELL YOU. Most prolly this is just makeup remover in solid form, but it's plenty useful for me. Since my mascara+liner always leaves trails of migration on my undereye hence making me look more like a panda than i already am.

Lemme show you:
My cream anti-crease eyeshadow from the Balm.
One swipe of the magic balm, and then wipe it off with tissue and tadaaaah! Magic for RM5. Where to get?

Since i can't do threading now (bohooo), because it is freaking official that it causes me to look like :
This. AAAAH. Wanna die. I love threading because it's sooo clean and it pulls off all the baby hair and it's so fast! Nonetheless, i don't wanna look like this for a week plus every time i do threading, so there.

I got myself these a-mah-zeeng tweezers! I was just walking and walking, and then i saw this section FULL of tweezers, i seriously think that i spent almost 10 minutes standing there, comparing each tweezers to see which is better. At last i came to this, because it has that wide tweezer and a smaller one. AND BOY OH BOY, that wide tweezer is soooo good! It pulls off baby hair like zap zap zap zap! HG tweezers for RM5. I love Japan!

Eyebrow scissors. Nothing much to say because it cuts. Nothing much to rave about, except that it only cost me RM5! Daiso ftw!

Okay then i stocked up on my hair vits. For cheaP!
When dada was paying for these, he said "Hair vitamins? I think this is bullshit. Hairs are dead cells, why would they need vitamins?" and then he paid for them. Huhu. But that got me thinking, too. Are hair vits a waste of money? If yes i better stop buying them. But these made my hair feel soooo soft and smell sooo nice!

And i bought a butterfly ring. RM20 only can you believe it hoho

CAN YOU SEE MAH FREAKING CUTE RM 17 EARRINGS?!
Mama said i'll outgrow them cos they're kiddish (=.=) but wth lah they're RM17 only and so so cute i gotta get 'em. SO cute! Btw i PS-ed this picture. Wanted to make my nose bridge higher but i failed miserably so i'll leave my flat nose alone for now. My complexion looks like it has BB cream on it! PS can be so addictive >.<

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Threading gives you pimples? Can't believe it! Anyway, I went for threading last 2 weeks and I LOVE it! Compare to plucking, this 1 is more long lasting. :)

Your shopping spree is expensive though. I mean the RM200 for 6 is expensive unless it's branded items. Earrings are a lot cheaper nowadays.

The hair vits, I would recommend Liese Hair Cocktail. It's awesome!

fwJL said...

@Anne Tan
Hmm, my tops are from H&M and Kitschen, so i think it's pretty cheap!
Yeah, it's a sad case :( You went to Padmini's too or somewhere else? Haha glad that you like threading! Threading rocks! But too bad it's not for me. Actually it's not unusual, you can google it and see that a lot of people are experiencing the same problem too. I'm one of the unfortunate ones :(
Btw yeah i have Liese Hair Cocktail too. Smells freaking awesome! I wanna eat my hair lol.